Chapter 177



Belluna slowly approached me, sticking her finger out to me.

It was a well-known fact that, although she had a slender appearance on the outside, she was actually a spirit so powerful that she could even create typhoons if she wanted to.

… though I really didn't know she was related to the children of Milited that appeared in the next work.


“Aren’t you going to avoid it? I'm really going to kill you?”


Belluna, who was slowly approaching me, poked me in the neck with her finger.

She was looking at me while tilting her head.

Without a word, I lowered my gaze and looked at Laune, who was staring at us.


The guy was looking at us with an extremely calm appearance.

In fact, even if it wasn't Laune, there was no hostility in Belluna's appearance.

If she had planned to kill me in the first place, she would have attacked me earlier.


“Umm, it's not funny. If it were my son, he would have shown various reactions like a fish with water in its gills."


Muttering like that, Belluna took her finger off my neck.

I looked at her softly, feeling the cool sensation disappearing.


“I am friends with Ivan. So I believed you wouldn't kill me.”


“Oh, how cute.”


Belluna clapped her hands.

Her eyes turned sharp, and she looked at me closely.


“It’s so cute to see you say things like that calmly without thinking about it even a little like that. Yes, kids should have such a taste. My son didn't have such a taste.”


Belluna, who said so, walked toward the bed and asked me.


"Can I sit down? The story going to be a little long."


“As much as you want. Can I get you something to drink? I can get you juice, soda, or coffee.”


“Then soda!”


When I poured a cola and brought it to her, she drank it deliciously while making a gulping sound.

Then she wiped the corners of her mouth and stared at me with still sparkling eyes.


“Hmm, what should I start with then?"


She muttered as she moved her legs to touch the side of the bed.


"First of all, did I tell you that I am children of Milited?”


“You did.”


“Do you know where the name Milited came from?”


"I don't know."


“Milited, that is one of the countless names used by the unnamed Seven Evil.”


I pulled out a chair and sat on it.

It was because it seemed the story was going to be quite long as she said.


“Actually, it's not that he's really our parents. To put it simply, it felt like he was our leader. Like the head of warlords, to be exact?"


"I understand."


“Umm… Actually, I've lived quite a long time. So, I've seen almost all the Seven Evils' appearances. I think I've seen about five of them so far....”


She nodded her head.


“But that unnamed… Ugh, I'll just call it Milited? Anyway, there was no Seven Evil as eager about creating a force as Milited.”


“So Belluna-ssi was also under that Milited’s command?”


"Well? If I had to nitpick, the place I used to live in became his territory.”


She told me as if she didn't need to hide much.


“Plus, one of my friends was enthusiastically submissive to Milited, and they seduced me to go with them, and I was too lazy to argue, so I just accidentally became his subordinate. I don't know about the others, but I wasn't really interested in creating my own territory."


Come to think of it, she was a spirit of the wind?

If so, her explanation that she was not so bound by the territory was understandable to some extent.


“Anyway, Milited has called out a force to a frightening extent. Starting with spirits, vampires, liches, dragons… Anyway, he subjugated all the guys that could be his strength. As far as I know, almost one country was his territory?”


"I see."


"And… as I said earlier, I was only superficially under his command and didn't follow his orders very much. But at some point, I heard a story that Milited had been sealed without a trace.”


"Sealed?"


"Yes."


She nodded.


“I don’t know who, when, what, or how he was attacked. At some point, he was attacked, and thanks to that, the forces that lost their heads were torn apart, fighting amongst themselves… Then everyone scattered, died, and disappeared.”


“At some point, he was sealed and disappeared….”


“Yes, to be honest, most of the kids, like me, were accidentally affiliated or were forced into submission. So I was rather relieved that Milited disappeared."


But.

Belluna, who stopped talking, looked at the cup containing cola as if it were a shame.

When I filled another cup, she drank it pleasantly.


“Umm, thank you. That child told me to drink only one drink a day. He said it rots teeth.”


"Haha….”


“Anyway, where was I…? Oh, right. Yes, but there were very few in number, but kids who were genuinely submissive to Milited. And from that time to now, the kids, who lived well and did not die, gathered together to form a single force. I mean under the funny name of children of Milited."


“So they must have contacted Belluna-ssi, too. Your name was originally Belluna Milited, so you were probably quite high up in Milited's power, right?”


“Oh my, how smart. Wait a minute, where was it....”


She rummaged through her pocket and pulled out a small seal.

Then she asked me to hold out my hand and pressed it on the back of my hand and stamped that seal.

On a tiger's face, the word 'roar' was written in a speech bubble.


“I’ll give you a roar stamp as a prize. If you collect ten, you get one wish granted. My son has probably collected seven so far?”


"Oh… thank you."


As I answered reluctantly, looking at the tiger seal, Svengali muttered as if he were speechless.


[That is why I do not associate with spirits. All the screws fall out.] [Note: Screw fall out: Behave strangely, like a machine with missing screws.]


Belluna frowned at the sound of him clicking his tongue.


“Umm, anyway. If I have to say something first, those children of Milited are after the pendant you have.”


“Again?” [Note: 또요: Pronounced 'Toyo', so she probably mistook it as Toyo bird.]


"Yes? Snipe?"


Belluna tilted her head.

Then she shook her head with a stern look.


“Really, you need to focus on the story for now. Look up snipe later in the illustrated book. Anyway, the pendant you have was something Milited had looked for a very long time in the past. I don't know why it's come to you, but... Anyway, that's why the Milited's members will try to take it from you.”


“If it’s okay with you, can you tell me about them?”


"It's nothing difficult. There aren't many numbers. Including me, was it six? Oh, now there are four... no, I'm out too, so there must be three."


"Yes?"


“When I said I'm quitting, they attacked me, telling me to pay the price with death. So I killed the two who were attacking."


Belluna answered casually and pointed to the spirit stone that Laune was stroking with her hand.


“That’s what I got then. That was my friend. Not now, though."


“…….”


“Anyway, all that's left is one vampire. One dragon. One lich. It's like this. I don't know because I'm not interested in the details.”


“Location or something like that?”


"Yes. The dragon would be in its lair side, but... I don't even know where the vampire and the lich are."


"I see."


It was regrettable that I could not find out their location, but still, being able to find out the rough identities of the children of Milited and their purpose was certainly an unexpected harvest.


“By the way, don't tell me that you came all the way here to tell me this?”


"Yes."


Belluna nodded.


“You are a friend of my son, aren't you? That child will be very sad if you die.”


Saying so, she got up from her seat.


“That child sometimes brings you up.… Well, that’s why I purposely ask him about you, so the number of times he contacted me increased?”


Come to think of it, Ivan said that I was the only person who Belluna remember the name of?

I was wondering if the reason she remembered me was for reasons related to the children of Milited.


“Plus, there're things I must say about what is inside of you.”


She said, looking at me softly.


“Margo, and Svengali.”


[Um?]


Svengali trembled, startled.

Belluna was grinning.


“It’s really fun to see one die, and one live while being parasitic on a human like a worm.”


[That woman, she sees me.]


"I don't see you, I feel you. To be precise, I can hear your voice.”


She muttered so and stared at me.

Belluna Hunt, a high-ranking spirit of the wind, gave me advice sincerely.


“It's better to stay away from the power of the Seven Evils. It will somehow lead you to ruin.”


Her eyes were shining a little.


“Like my husband, the man I loved, who died like that."


* * *


“There seem to be a lot of people?”


While I was sitting down and waiting for class, I heard such a sound from in front of me.

Sitting right next to me was Han Soo-Young, and Jin Ye-Seul.


“You know, Professor Emilia was disciplined.”


"Disciplined? Why?"


“I don’t know well either. I heard she sexually harassed a student during class? There was even a video as evidence, so she couldn't even pull out or even hammer it."


“Wow, fu… Is that why the kids came all the way here to take classes?"


"Uh-huh, on top of that, what was it… Isaac? I heard that person suddenly said he'd empty his seat for a week or so due to personal circumstances, too”


"Hey… so, two professors at Urea punked out on their classes as soon as they arrived? If they were going to do that, what did they come here for? I heard they ate a lot of money again?”


"I know. Thanks to them, Evangeline, that person is the only one suffering.”


The two male students sitting in the front were talking like that.

Before I knew it, I was listening to the conversation between the two with my chin on my hand.

While those two were talking about trivial things like, which professor was the prettiest, and who would be the best if they were a lover, they talked about Professor Emilia again.


“By the way, to what extent was she disciplined? Don't tell me she got kicked out?"


"No way. I think she was just embarrassed a little and won't be able to come to class for a few days at best."


"But who did she sexually harass? Don't tell me a girl?”


“I don’t know the name. I heard she did it to a boy.”


“Wow.”


The male student sitting in front of me to the right, by my standards, nodded his head.


“But if it's Professor Emilia, isn’t she pretty enough?”


“It’s not pretty enough. It's very pretty.”


“Then that sexually harassed guy actually enjoyed it….”


In the midst of this, there was someone who tapped that student on the shoulder.

It was Han Soo-Young.


“What, who… huh?"


“Um, I’m sorry, but, guys.”


Han Soo-Young had a grinning and gentle smile.

The male student, who turned his head, looked at such Han Soo-young and gave a blank look for a moment.

His expression immediately hardened at her words that followed, though.


“Could you please shut that sh*t?”


"Uh?"


“Oh, you didn't hear me? I don't want to hear about such a sex offender, so please keep that sh*t shut."


“No, who are you to suddenly talk like that to someone you met for the first time….”


Woodduck.

At that time, a brutal sound rang out from my left.

When Jin Ye-Seul opened her palm, a shattered iron mechanical pencil fell from it with a clattering sound.


“… you'll be quiet so that I can study, right?"


As Jin Ye-Seul spoke with a grin, the two male students sitting in the front silently turned their heads and looked ahead.

Seeing that, Jin Ye-Seul showed a mocking smile and took out a new mechanical pencil, and Han Soo-Young alternately looked at the back of the two male students' heads as if she didn't like it.


“Oh, yeah, Ji-Hyuk. I'm going to go see the professor for a while after class."


“Who, Professor Evangeline?”


"Yes."


Jin Ye-Seul showed a grinning smile that would make people think she looked really kind, if they didn't know her yet.


“I have something to talk about regarding Sister. Ji-Hyuk, you've taught me some things, so we need to decide well so that we don't have words with each other later."


Jin Ye-Seul pushed her cell phone to me as if saying, now that we're on the topic, take a look at this.


“Oh, right. Do want to take a look at this? This is the diet that Sister took this morning.”


The cell phone had a neatly prepared diet of vegetable porridge, finely chopped salted fish, half an apple, yogurt, and fried eggs and salad.


“I contacted the person you mentioned yesterday, and they said it wasn’t that serious. I thought she had to get just IV fluids, but... they said she could eat solids with her mouth, so I even made a diet for her myself."


“Wait a minute, made a diet?”


“Yes, I said I'd take care of her. But, realistically, that doesn't mean I can interfere with everything from one to ten, so, roughly, she's living according to the timetable I set.”


“…?”


For a moment, I couldn't understand what on earth she was talking about.

Svengali muttered quietly.


[I am telling you just in case, but I cannot touch that woman's mind now. So you are on your own. It is the seed you sowed.]


“Wait a minute, Jin Ye-Jeong-ssi, that… isn't she staying with Evangeline-ssi now?"


"Yes."


Jin Ye-Seul nodded.

She was still smiling.


"That's why I sent her a text message. Timetable, diet, things she has to tell me every night.”


"Ah… yes. Okay."


I nodded.

She muttered, putting her phone in her pocket.


“So, I'll go later and talk about it a bit properly. I can't leave it in someone else's hands forever."


“…….”


I nodded once more without saying a word.

For some reason, I felt like I was getting chills.

It was then.


Vrrrr.


"Whoa!"


"You startled me!"


As I let out a low scream, surprised for a moment, Han Soo-Young, who was next to me, flinched.

I gave a small smile to her, who was staring at me, as if saying, I'm sorry, and took out my cell phone.


"This….”


A text message.

It was a text message from Lee Ye-Eun.



<Prev - ToC - Next>



Want to read ahead of others? Consider becoming a Member -> link

Join us on discord -> link 

Please rate this series through this -> link 

You can donate me through this -> link 

Thanks for reading~~

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement
DISABLED